http://www.one.org





Monday, November 20, 2006

Gender Sensitivity

Disclaimer: Before you start reading this blog entry, I would like to point out to you, (un)fortunate reader of my blog, that I am not a gay. This entry is for entertainment purposes only, and should not be taken seriously.



































Ano ba yan, so many ka-chorbahan na ang nangyayari sa mga iskolar ng bayan. Pati ang federasyon ng kabadingan, nagugulumihanan na. Kalookah ever! Ang chaka ng mga shomabels sa UP Manila! Ang eklabu naman ng mga isyu dito. Ahaahaay, trulalu!

Now I'm having problems with 'gender sensitivity'. Our OT Block is composed of 8 gentlemen only (minus one, I doubt), and we are surrounded by 22 ladies. We (the guys) were just using the gay lingo to fire up some conversations. But now I'm afraid that I might use the gay lingo in my everyday life.

Imagine if all straight guys were talking in a gay lingo...

Student: Buket di mo chinuva yung girlalet? Malaki naman ang susey ng lola mo ah.

Hunk: Winnie cordero nga dude, smelanie marquez naman, wit na.

Basketball Coach: Ok, beks, keber sa kalaban, jus focus, we cannot afford to luz valdez. You, achievin mo yung last free throw. Ok, go for gold to the highest level!


Doubts coming from my friends are drowning me (and Ian too, perhaps). Looks like they took our joke seriously. So seriously, that they have even reached the point of asking me (us) baklush questions, as if I (we) could answer them easily. This joke is not doing me (us) any good at all.

A certain blockmate of mine even asked me these questions through a YM conversation:

Blockmate: arnel, seryoso, nagugulat ako sa mga alam mong vaklur words

Me: sus.

Blockmate: hindi ka ba talaga straight na lalake?


Now that's bad news. I was only 'training' for the upcoming Talent Show, but things went wrong. Now I am carrying the burden of getting my whole reputation back. Now I'm back to square one. Or at least I'm trying to go back to square one.

But then..

Just recently, Ian and I tried out our costumes for the show. Only LOL's were heard, and nothing else. We just laughed our hearts out because of our horrible look. Hay, ang eklabu talaga ng mga shomabels sa block ko.

Let this be a promise to myself (I don't really know if I could fulfill it though):

After the CAMP Talent Show (which will be on November 24),

I will (try to) STOP using the gay lingo.

And please friends, always remind me not to use it anywhere in my next blog entries. If I do, please tell me. Hahaha.

Ehem. This officially ends my blasted blog entry.

*Thanks to Erica for the text message (the one in the blockquote)
*Some more words of wisdom, here

Labels: ,

flight scheduled at 7:35:00 PM
|

THE PILOT


Yahoo Online Status Indicator
Arnel C. Uyaco Jr.
Sixteen Seventeen years old.
UP Manila Sophomore.
An alleged loverboy.
A pilot of my dreams.


TIME CHECK





THE LOGBOOK

















LATEST FLIGHTS












TICKET FARES




FULLY BOOKED

THE PASSENGERS



DESTINATIONS



CRASH-LANDINGS



THANK YOU FOR FLYING

Creator :
Blavered-INC

Image Hosts :
Photobucket, ImageShack

Header :
Billycoy Dacuycuy

Brushes :
DeviantART

Tagboard :
Cbox

BlogRoll :
BlogRolling

Clock :
ClockLink

Avatar :
Zwinky

Status Indicator :
Online Status

Comments & Trackback :
HaloScan

Reader Community :
MyBlogLog

Web Counter :
Free Web Logger

User Tracker :
Fast Online Users

Powered by :
Blogger Beta

Best Viewed :
1024 * 768