http://www.one.org





Thursday, January 25, 2007

Unbelievable

Perhaps this was the worst forty minutes of my whole week.

7:50 AM. Fresh Start.

The thought of coming early for the make-up class in Physics 21 continued to bother me. I was still browsing for sources in our research paper for Comm II but then I have to be in school by 8:30. Concerned about the schedule, [I cannot remember where RH 115 was, that's why I wanted to get there early] I turned off the PC and started to put in my bag all the necessary things for the day. [or maybe not..]

8:00 AM. Paranoid.

After fixing my things, I rushed outside to take a jeepney ride. While waiting impatiently for the slow elevator, I took a glance at my watch. I still have twenty minutes to spare, but I wanted to get to school as early as possible. I decided to use the stairs, [a little exercise, plus I was just on the third floor of the building anyway] greeted some people on the way, and at last, got out of the IRTC building. Running fast, now, running faster.

8:13 AM. Daydreaming.

With the six pesos in my hand, I took a jeepney ride to school. As I got down to Padre Faura, something struck me from within. Something, weird. I was checking my pockets, whether I left my phone, or perhaps a ballpen, or maybe a twenty-peso bill. But no, of all things: I LEFT MY WALLET. After waiting for the stoplight to turn red, I immediately crossed the street, as I was also running for the jeepney that was waiting for passengers at the corner. I got down again at Ayala, met some familiar faces and went back to my room to get the damn wallet. 8:15 AM. I still have some time.

8:17 AM. A Second Attempt.

There I was again at the corner of Ayala Boulevard, the lane that divides PNU and TUP into to sections; waiting once again for another jeepney to take me back to where I came from, the street of Padre Faura. While inside, I thought of the fact that it is indeed, Thursday today. It's bowling day. Sure I had the money already in my wallet, but still..

I WAS NOT ABLE TO PUT MY PE SHIRT INSIDE MY BAG.

I got down immediately at Kalaw and ran as fast as I could towards the mini-tunnel to Adamson University, and mingled with the huge crowd of mixed white and blue uniforms of the students, not minding the fact that I was the only one who does not wear such. Not minding the bumps along the way, I had to go back to the dormitory for the second time around.

8:27 AM. Faster now, faster.

Late now, hurrying, hurrying.

For the second time now, I saw myself again inside a jeepney, spending another six pesos for the fare. Traffic wanted to scare me, but It din't. But still there's a fact that happened to be one more thing to worry about. As I walked towards the gate of CAS, I was about to get my wallet only to find out that MY ID WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND IN THE WALLET. Just as I turned around, I saw our professor in Physics 21 come in. Now I really must hurry.

8:30 AM. At last.

After a third attempt of going back and forth from UP and the dormitory, I was running late for class. As I hurried for RH115 [and still wondering where that room was] I was able to see a blockmate and ask her where to go. Professor Robidillo's [Chem 14.1] infamous 'misplaced' eyeglasses and beautiful smile just brightened up my day.

As I entered the classroom, I was half-disappointed and at the same time thrilled to see only four, five, six or so people inside the vast classroom deprived of chairs and a single table leg, RH 115. After all those running and scrambling earlier in the day, the few minutes of fun and more fun was able to compensate for my tiresome efforts. Good thing I wasn't late. Still, I was able to learn my lesson: never to leave valuable things unattended. ;)

Labels: , ,

flight scheduled at 11:33:00 PM
|

THE PILOT


Yahoo Online Status Indicator
Arnel C. Uyaco Jr.
Sixteen Seventeen years old.
UP Manila Sophomore.
An alleged loverboy.
A pilot of my dreams.


TIME CHECK





THE LOGBOOK

















LATEST FLIGHTS












TICKET FARES




FULLY BOOKED

THE PASSENGERS



DESTINATIONS



CRASH-LANDINGS



THANK YOU FOR FLYING

Creator :
Blavered-INC

Image Hosts :
Photobucket, ImageShack

Header :
Billycoy Dacuycuy

Brushes :
DeviantART

Tagboard :
Cbox

BlogRoll :
BlogRolling

Clock :
ClockLink

Avatar :
Zwinky

Status Indicator :
Online Status

Comments & Trackback :
HaloScan

Reader Community :
MyBlogLog

Web Counter :
Free Web Logger

User Tracker :
Fast Online Users

Powered by :
Blogger Beta

Best Viewed :
1024 * 768